Century 21 UK and Covid-19
Following the latest Government announcement, Tuesday 22nd September, we would like to update you on the changes to our offices. Our estate agency offices are open and welcoming customers, one at a time, and the health and safety of our customers and franchisees is our number one priority.
We would like to reassure you that we will continue to do all we can in the fight against Coronavirus. You can rely on a safe and secure property journey with our franchisees, with the following procedures currently place:
Each of our offices are independently owned and operated but follow set brand responsibilities, and you can expect the same level of exceptional customer service with each and every one of our franchisees. Our offices will be operating with strict social distancing guidelines to prioritise the health and safety of everyone.
Please only visit an office with an appointment to help our branches manage footfall and appointments whilst maintaining social distancing guidelines. We are encouraging offices to have only one customer in their branch at any given time. Our offices are supplied with hand sanitiser and face coverings, with regular deep cleaning taking place, to do everything we can to make every necessary visit safe.
We have also advised our offices to communicate via calls and emails where possible with customers, helping us to minimise face-to-face meetings and fight Covid-19.
Sellers and buyers
If you are in the middle of a house transaction, please contact your Century 21 UK office for support in progressing your sale. The government has outlined guidance on home moves at this time, and our offices are more than happy to talk this through and to help you with anything we can.
In-person viewings are continuing to take place for approved buyers, although we encourage our offices to take advantage of the growth in digital 360 tours on all properties. As we have seen previously this year, we have implemented a few changes in order to protect our customers and staff. These will include;
- In-person viewings will be taking place, with strict social distancing measures being followed,
- Viewings taking place will be with either the agent or homeowner, not both.
- Homeowners will be asked to open all doors within the property prior to the appointment. Viewers and agents should not open any doors, cupboards and should avoid making contact with any surface.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed throughout the viewing, both outside and within the property. If the room is too small to accommodate this then the agent/homeowner must wait outside the room.
- Questions are encouraged to be asked outside the property, where possible, again while observing the 2m distance at all times.
- Our agents will be carrying hand sanitiser for before and after appointments. You are welcome to request more if that would make you more comfortable.
As your managing agent, tenants having issues paying rent must contact their local office immediately. We are here to help and are encouraging our offices to reach out to all tenants to check on their wellbeing and circumstances. For up to date information on the tenant eviction ban please take a look here.
Our offices will be performing usual routine check-ups, maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres at all times. If you are suffering with the symptoms of Covid-19 please reach out to your office so that the appointment can be postponed until you are safe and well.
It has been a great pleasure to see our landlords supporting tenants during this national emergency, and we encourage landlords to maintain communication with their local office to get the support they need.
We have put together these guidelines for offices to follow, operating from their office or remotely, to support our customers in their property journey.
For the latest Covid-19 advice, please visit www.nhs.uk, and if you think you may have the virus, please us the NHS 111 online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19. In the event that our approach to any of the above changes in the coming days, we will keep you updated.