Century 21 UK and Covid-19
Following the latest Government announcement, we would like to update you on the changes to our offices. Most of our offices are now open and welcoming customers, one at a time. The remaining offices will open their doors on Monday 18th May, following the same social distancing guidelines. While this news is definitely welcomed our highest priority is to protect our team and our customers. We would like to reassure you that we will continue to do all we can in the fight against Coronavirus.
You can rely on a safe and secure property journey with our offices, with the following procedures in place:
All our offices now have the opportunity to reopen, subject to maintaining social distancing procedures at all times.
If you would like to visit an office, please contact the office to help us to make sure we have only one customer in the office at a time. Our offices will be supplied with hand sanitiser and are regularly deep cleaning to do everything we can to make every visit safe.
However, we have all been impressed by the quality of digital communications in recent weeks, and our offices have been advised to communicate via calls and emails where possible with customers, helping us to minimise meetings and fight Covid-19.
Sellers and buyers
If you are in the middle of a house transaction, please contact your Century 21 UK office to support in progressing your sale. The government has outlined guidance on home moves at this time, and our offices are more than happy to talk this through and to help you with anything we can.
In-person viewings can now take place again for approved buyers. As you would expect, we have implemented a few changes in order to protect our customers and staff. These will include;
- In-person viewings will only be offered once the potential buyer/applicant has been pre-qualified, and following a virtual tour, to reduce the number of people going between properties.
- Viewings taking place with either the agent or homeowner, rather than both.
- Homeowners will be asked to open all doors within the property prior to the appointment. Viewers and agents should not open any doors, cupboards and should avoid making contact with any surface.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed throughout the viewing, both outside and within the property. If the room is too small to accommodate this then the agent/homeowner must wait outside the room.
- Questions are encouraged to be asked outside the property, where possible, again while observing the 2m distance at all times.
- Our agents will be carrying hand sanitiser for before and after appointments.
As your managing agent, tenants having issues paying rent must contact their local office. We are here to help and are encouraging our offices to reach out to all tenants to check on their wellbeing and circumstances. For up to date information on the tenant eviction ban please take a look here.
Our office teams will be performing usual routine check-ups, maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres at all times. If you are suffering with the symptoms of Covid-19 please reach out to your office so that the routine check-ups can be postponed.
It has been a great pleasure to see our landlords supporting tenants during this national emergency, and we encourage landlords to maintain communication with their local office to get the support they need.
We have put together these guidelines for offices to follow, operating from their office or remotely, to support our customers in their property journey.
For the latest Covid-19 advice, please visit www.nhs.uk, and if you think you may have the virus, please us the NHS 111 online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19. In the event that our approach to any of the above changes in the coming days, we will keep you updated.