Quiz: Is it time you found a bigger home?
Whether you’re a tenant or a homeowner, we all know what makes a home. It’s down to the individual circumstances, and more often than not we find ourselves needing somewhere a little bigger for comfort. So to make it easier we’ve put together a few questions to help you decide whether you need more space:
Do you try to spend most of your time away from home?
- I don’t know
I last decorated…
- 3 years + ago
- Between 0 – 3 years ago
How often do you use the garden?
- I don’t have a garden
- When I can
- I don’t
What type of atmosphere would you describe your home has?
- Easy going
If you work from home, or have a hobby, where do you do this?
- In the front room
- In a spare bedroom or office
- I don’t
How long does it usually take you to get to work?
- 60 minutes +
- Less than 30 minutes
- 30 – 60 minutes
- I don’t work
How much do you want a bigger kitchen?
- Well mine can’t get any smaller
- I couldn’t handle a bigger kitchen
- I’m open to options
How often do you have visitors?
- Hardly ever,
- Quite frequently,
- Every now and then.
If you scored more of the below, we’ve put together our tips on what you can do!
- You are definitely in need of more space. You should have a look at the properties on the market, that’s within your budget or somewhere you can see yourself in the next year or so. Properties are added to the market every day, so why not start now. Plus, there’s no harm in looking if you’re not quite ready yet.
- You’re pretty comfortable in your home. Whether that’s because you’ve recently decorated, the closeness to work or the garden you use for your zen space, you’re in your element. There is always things you can do to your home, for example, adding a planter to your garden or making your spare room into an office to balance your work life a little more practically. If you do decide to move, let us know and we’ll help you find a new home or sell your current property.
- Your home is your home, though it could do with a few little projects to keep you busy and to add value for when the property does go on the market later down the line. Whether it’s adding a bit of gloss to the skirting boards or having a deep clean, take a look at our top tips for adding value to your home here.