World Hello Day
World Hello Day is celebrated on the 21st of November each year.
Did you know, World Hello Day goes back to 1973 and was initiated by Israel & Egypt?
The purpose behind the day is to celebrate and encourage world peace by doing something simple or small to make someone’s day. Whether you choose to say hello to strangers whilst you’re out walking a dog or to message a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, both are great examples of how you can contribute to someone’s day and celebrate World Hello Day with us.
The objective of World Hello Day is to say hello to 10 different people. With the rise of people working from home and not having that office interaction, many people are now faced with limited or no human interaction on a daily basis. It’s so important to keep the communication channels open to support one and another, and one of the great ways to do that is by simply saying hello.
There are a few things you can do for World Hello Day, that we have listed below:
- Compliment 10 different photos on social media channels, to give someone a reason to smile.
- Make a list of 10 friends you haven’t spoken to in the last 6 months and message each one, ticking them off as you go along.
- Take a walk to a local coffee shop and say hello to people that pass you by, and to the coffee drinkers inside too.
- Spontaneously video call a family member to brighten up their day, and yours too!
- On your food shop, say hello to all the workers you pass by to make their day a little easier.
- Learn how to say hello in 10 different languages
- Set aside 10 minutes of your day to message or talk to loved ones, with no distractions.
If you have any other ideas for World Hello Day, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals struggling with their mental health may not respond, but don’t let that stop you. Seeing your message alone may brighten their day, they may just be unable to express that. If you are one of those individuals, feel free to read our Mental Health at Home article here to help boost your mood one step at a time.