What is Franchising?
Franchisors own the overall rights and trademarks of a company and will grant a license to third party companies (also known as franchisees) for conducting business under their brand and using their products or services. A franchisor will sell the rights to open a store and sell products or services using their branding, expertise and intellectual property, usually within a specific territory.
All in all, a franchise is very similar to a partnership. Franchisees run their own business, but with background support and guidance from the franchisor and with an established business model.
There are franchises all around us, McDonald’s being one for example. No matter which McDonald’s you go to, you should get the same service, same products and see the same business model in action.
Century 21 is also a successful franchise model. We are part of the world’s largest residential estate agents, with over 8,000 estate agent offices in 81+ countries. We have 40 high street office operating in the UK property market, driving customer services and generating profits.
Franchising with Century 21 UK means;
- Free access to back end systems to list properties with ease on our website and portals, such as Zoopla and Rightmove.
- Designated territory, so you know we won’t open another office here.
- Access to on-brand marketing collateral, ready and available for you to order when you need it.
- A reputable brand in the UK, with customers already familiar with the brand.
- Support from franchisees that have been part of our network for as long as 15 years.
- Annual awards for hard work and recognition.
- Annual conference, covering a reflection on last year and our plans for the following year.
- A dedicated Business Development Manager, offering a minimum of 1 monthly in-branch meeting and weekly catch ups via email or call.
- Support ranging from branch locations and signage approval, to canvassing for your first few properties to list on the market.
- Thorough training pre-launch, so that you are comfortable in starting your own business in estate agency.
And that’s just a taster of the benefits, there is much more we can help you with in getting on the ladder to running your own estate agency.
Why not get in touch here, and let us know what you’re looking for?